01 Jul Midweek Musings Episode 14
Join Nath as he interviews Alex Wiles for EBC people profiles, Kerry shows us how to cook Banana bread, and join in all the usual competitions.
Kerry Todd-Smith – Banana Bread
3 ripe bananas, mashed (ripe or over-ripe from the freezer work well)
1 3/4 cup plain flour
1 1/2 cups sugar (I use 1 cup )
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 – 1/2 cup nuts ( optional) I use walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees (fan forced).
2. Combine the oil, eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla and mashed banana
3. Add sifted baking soda and flour
4. Combine well for 2-3 minutes
5. Optional: Add nuts (do this after the flour has been mixed through)
6. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check with a skewer. It may take less time or longer, depending on your oven and pan.